You know what is mass production? Mass production is baking 60 mini-cakes out of 1 baking pan in batches. I am a one-person baking factory, fear my sugary powers!!!
mini-flourless chocolate cakes!!! they are incredibly easy to scale up or scale down and perfect for those with gluten allergies with an intense chocolately kick. You can try flavoring with orange peel, lemon zest, peppermint oil etc etc I personally like a mild spicy kick with a combination of nutmeg, cinnamon and dried chilli powder. I also prefer salted butter for a savouryness richness, but you’re welcome to keep to unsalted if you like.
This recipe has been sized up for a huge-ass party quantities.
Makes 60 mini-cakes in a muffin tin
or 6 x 8″ cakes
Flourless Chocolate Cake
24 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate chips (not unsweetened)
6 sticks (3 cups) butter
4 1/2 cup sugar
18 large eggs
3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp of baking soda
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
** additional flavourings i.e. coffee, lemon zest etc
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. dump your chocolate chips + butter in a bowl balanced over a saucepan of boiling water. melt and mix until you get goopy beautiful chocolate. OR use a microwave, carefully blast on high in 30sec bursts until the stuff is nice, shiny and gooey.
3. add sugar, stir until smooth. all your vanilla + other flavourings if you want
4. add eggs, whisk until shiny and fully incorporated (no weird eggshells or yolk bits!)
5. add cocoa powder and baking soda, combine until smooth
6. scoop your batter into cupcake foil – the stuff rises, so about halfway mark is correct. Approx. 1 icecream scoop = 1 cupcake
7. bake for 25 mins, cool for 5-10mins then test if toothpick comes clean. if clean, well done! if not, chuck it in for additional 5mins
8. frost if you like, or you can serve straight up to the horde.